The VAEEC often supports legislation on energy efficiency. You will find that information here along with other state-level policy information. You can also check our blog and news pages for national and state policy updates.
2018 VAEEC General Assembly Updates
Stay up to date on energy efficiency legislation with VAEEC weekly blog posts published every Friday.
- January 12 General Assembly Update.
- January 19 General Assembly Update.
- January 26 General Assembly Update.
- February 2 General Assembly Update.
- February 9 General Assembly Update.
2018 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
- SB 855 (Sturtevant)/ HB 1261 (Hugo): Cost-effectiveness tests used in utility proceedings
- SB 696 (Lewis)/ HB 1273 (Bulova/ Helsel): Governor’s bill requiring action for Virginia to join the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) to regulate carbon emissions from power plants; the bills include a 30% carve out for energy efficiency programs to be administered by the Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy (DMME) via the Energy SAVES program.
- SB 894 (Wagner)/ HB 560 (Sullivan): These bills would create the Virginia Energy Efficiency Revolving Fund to provide no interest loans to localities, public schools and public institutions of higher education for energy efficiency projects. Excess state tax revenue would fund the Fund.
- HB 204 (Sullivan): Commercial Benchmarking enabling legislation
2017 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Get the latest update on bills working through Virginia’s 2017 General Assembly session.
2016 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Below is a list of bills that were introduced in Virginia’s 2016 General Assembly session that the Virginia Energy Efficiency Council endorsed.
- HB 352: (Del. Ware) RIM Bill
- SB 395: (Del. Alexander) Governor’s bill; investor-owned electric utilities; energy efficiency performance incentive
- HB 1053: (Del. Kilgore) Governor’s bill; investory-owned electric utilities; energy efficiency performance incentive
- HB 1174: (Del. Sullivan) Electric energy; consumption reduction goal, report
2015 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Read the VAEEC statement on energy efficiency legislation passed in 2015.
Legislative News Updates