Since its founding in 1985, our March Featured Member D+R International has worked with federal agencies, electric utilities, associations, advocates, manufacturers, and distributors to create, expand, and analyze markets for energy efficient and sustainable products. From developing ENERGY STAR specifications, to qualifying millions of LED products on behalf of the DesignLights Consortium, to helping 550 utilities educate consumers on electric vehicles (EVs), D+R continues to make a tangible impact on U.S. energy consumption and carbon footprint.
D+R offers a wide range of services, including program management and support, data collection and analysis, market research, and partnership development. D+R connects people, data, and opportunities, leveraging a deep understanding of technology, policy, and market behavior to help our partners and clients succeed. For all projects, D+R starts with the idea that good data leads to good decisions. After harnessing the best-available data, D+R helps clients define their goals and build a roadmap to get there. With a roadmap in hand, D+R implements innovative solutions to deliver results, from convening stakeholders, to building powerful tools, to measuring success throughout the process.
Key Energy Efficiency Related Work
- In October 2019, D+R acquired California-based ASWB Engineering. Founded more than 30 years ago, ASWB Engineering provides building energy optimization, workforce education and training, program measurement and valuation and technology integration and development across California. Rooting robust data analysis in practical engineering and hands-on building optimization, ASWB Engineering helps public agencies, businesses, utilities, energy program partners and institutions calibrate and streamline data collection and evaluation.
- ChooseEV and DRIVE EV Market Services –550 utilities across the U.S., including large investor-owned utilities, rural co-ops, and municipal utilities, have adopted the ChooseEV platform to educate consumers EV technology, financial incentives, and energy savings. D+R also works on programs to build networks of auto dealers and electrical contractors who can champion EV technology.
- HARDI Unitary HVAC Market Report – On behalf of HARDI, D+R collects wholesale channel point-of-sale data on the HVAC market that distributors, utilities, and energy efficiency organizations can use to understand sales trends and market penetrations of energy-efficient HVAC units in different regions.
- Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) Hot Water Solutions Program – On behalf of NEEA, D+R implements a deep supply chain engagement strategy to help water heater manufacturers, distributors, and installers overcome market barriers for heat pump water heaters. As part of this effort, D+R provides technical training, manages incentive payments, and collects full-category water heater sales data to provide visibility into program performance and adjust tactics in real time.
- Attachments Energy Rating Council (AERC) – D+R helped establish and now serves as program manager for AERC, the first rating, certification, and labeling program for window attachments including shutters, blinds, shades, and awnings.
- Indoor Agriculture Energy Solutions (IAES) Conference – D+R co-hosted this first-of-its kind conference with Resource Innovations Institute, bringing together utilities, policymakers, cultivators, and equipment manufacturers to discuss policy issues and elevate innovative solutions for reducing energy use in the fast-growing indoor agriculture industry.
- Solar Decathlon – This summer, the Department of Energy Solar Decathlon returns to the National Mall in Washington, D.C. D+R continues to manage the “Education Days” program, inviting thousands of local students to tour the Solar Decathlon demonstration houses and learn about the latest technologies and materials in energy-efficient design, clean energy technologies, smart home solutions, electric vehicles, and high-performance buildings.
If you are interested in learning more about D+R International, visit www.drintl.com or contact David Steiner, President and CEO at email@example.com.