October Featured Member TRC is a leading national provider of advanced energy services. They deliver across-the-meter management through energy efficiency, demand response and distributed energy resources. They take pride in their real-world experience and forward-looking perspective.
TRC empowers their clients to succeed in a dynamic and decentralizing energy landscape. They partner with utilities, agencies and businesses to make energy visions actionable, through solutions that surpass your regulatory and operational goals while influencing the next energy frontier.
They have over 50 years of experience delivering efficient and resilient energy systems, and they annually help their customers achieve over 3B kWh of energy savings. TRC’s Advanced Energy team has over 700 energy specialists, engineers and program implementers.
Key Energy Efficiency Related Work
TRC has administered energy efficiency programs for more than 30 years. They implement turn-key portfolio solutions for many of North America’s largest utilities, specializing in:
Demand management. TRC designs and implements residential, commercial, and industrial energy efficiency programs across the country. Their team brings diverse expertise in program design, operations, engineering, marketing, IT, energy policy and systems integration, resulting in well-rounded, tech-enabled programs that anticipate market trends and focus on stakeholder relationships.
Distributed energy solutions. Their multidisciplinary experts offer a systems-thinking approach to solve your complex distributed energy challenges and the technical implementation skills to make it a reality. Whether it’s for a single neighborhood or across a portfolio, TRC can help you achieve your goals for designing, deploying and integrating microgrids, renewables, energy storage, and other DERs.
Decarbonization – TRC is committed to working with their clients to achieve greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals. Their team is leading the way with design and implementation of electrification programs including passenger and non-road vehicles, industrial process equipment, commercial applications, and residential applications including air source heat pumps.
TRC works with their utility client to develop programs that help drive market transformation and customer engagement in the power sector. Recently they’ve implemented programs including:
- Energy equity: Since 2015, TRC has served as the implementation contractor for Duke Energy’s Income Qualified Programs in North Carolina. To date, they have assisted over 6,800 income qualified families by completing over 14,000 health and safety, appliance replacement, weatherization and HVAC repair and replacement projects. They work with a network of 40 community-based organizations to help deliver the programs through grassroots outreach and community events.
- COVID response: In 2020 and 2021, TRC actively worked with a number of utility partners across the U.S. to pivot traditional energy efficiency programs to respond to the impacts of COVID-19. These new programs provided customer resources and support that directly helps to mitigate the impacts of the virus.
- Smart home pilot: In the Houston, TX area, TRC implements a high-efficiency homes program for CenterPoint Energy, providing incentives for new construction homes. As part of this program, they launched a Smart Home Energy Management System pilot, designed to measure energy use through connected devices by household.
- C&I energy efficiency program: Since 2008, TRC has implemented the C&I portolio for the Ameren Missouri BizSavers® Business Energy Efficiency Programs, helping business customers save energy and improve their bottom line. The program provides electric incentives including prescriptive, custom, new construction, retro-commissioning, and small business direct-install.
- Solutions for business: Since 2013, TRC has completed over 7,100 efficiency projects in the Tennessee Valley, as implementer for the TVA EnergyRight Solutions Program for Business. In 2017, TRC worked with TVA to migrate this program from traditional energy efficiency to beneficial electrification, to help meet decarbonization goals. Across seven states and 80,000 square miles TRC has helped businesses of all sizes and types understand and optimize their energy use and cost.