The steep spending cuts that President Trump will soon call for from federal agencies would fall particularly heavily on the...Read More
The VAEEC often submits comments, statements, and testimonies on energy efficiency initiatives, policies, and legislation. You will find those here along with other state-level policy information. You can also check our blog and news pages for national and state policy updates.
Evaluation, Measurement & Verification (EM&V)
- Letter to the State Corporation Commission re: RE: PUE-2016-00022, Ex Parte: In the matter of receiving input for evaluating the establishment of protocols, a methodology, and a formula to measure the impact of energy efficiency measures (Evaluation, Measurement & Verification or EM&V). The SCC’s call for comments on EM+V was part of legislation (HB 1053 and SB 395) that VAEEC supported during the 2016 session. Read the letter. (May 2016)
- Synapse Energy Economics Memo to VAEEC on EM&V, referenced as “Attachment A” in the May 2016 letter to the SCC. Read the memo.(May 2016)
- VAEEC Chair Cynthia Adams’ testimony to the SCC on EM&V at the July 12, 2016 hearing.
- We have compiled comments to the SCC on EM+V from a variety or organizations that you can access here.
Other Policy Areas
- Official testimony to the State Corporation Commission on Dominion demand-side management program by VAEEC Executive Director Chelsea Harnish and by VAEEC Board member Andrew Grigsby. (February 2017)
- Letter to Governor McAuliffe re: U.S. EPA’s proposed rule on emissions regulations. Read the letter. (June 2014)
- Comments on Virginia’s adoption of the 2012 International Energy Efficiency Code Provisions. Read the comments. (March 2013)
- Testimony before the State Corporation Commission in support of Dominion Virginia Power’s efficiency programs. Read the testimony. (March 2013)
- Comments regarding Washington Gas Light Company’s Conservation and Ratemaking Efficiency Plan. Read the comments. (January 2013)
2017 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Get the latest update on bills working through Virginia’s 2017 General Assembly session.
2016 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Below is a list of bills that were introduced in Virginia’s 2016 General Assembly session that the Virginia Energy Efficiency Council endorsed.
|Bill Number||Patron||Short Title|
|SB395||Alexander||Governor's bill; Investor-owned electric utilities; energy efficiency performance incentive|
|HB1053||Kilgore||Governor's bill; Investor-owned electric utilities; energy efficiency performance incentive|
|HB1174||Sullivan||Electric energy; consumption reduction goal, report|
2015 VAEEC Legislative Priorities
Read the VAEEC statement on energy efficiency legislation passed in 2015.
Did you blink? If so, you might have just missed a major piece of news this week. We’re just seven...Read More