Governor Terry McAuliffe today announced that the Commonwealth of Virginia and 12 other states (to date) have formed an alliance...Read More
In the spring of 2015, Virginia Governor McAuliffe formed the Executive Committee on Energy Efficiency and charged it with developing strategies and recommendations to achieve the goal of a 10% reduction in retail electricity consumption in the Commonwealth by 2020.
Four VAEEC Directors (Cynthia Adams; Bill Greenleaf; David Koogler and Saifur Rahman) were appointed to the 12-person committee as were several members, including Appalachian Power and Honeywell.
The committee is pursuing six key goals, three of which the VAEEC has been tapped to lead:
- Track progress toward meeting the state’s 10% energy efficiency goal
- Conduct outreach to local governments about the value in reducing energy consumption
- Develop a single-brand strategy for the marketing and outreach of energy efficiency programs
- Showcase champions of energy efficiency
- Support legislation allowing localities to require the reporting of commercial energy benchmarking data
- Develop special curriculum for schools to educate students about energy efficiency
- Read our blog post from earlier this year about how we achieved a single-brand strategy with consistent messaging.
- We held our inaugural Energy Efficiency Leadership Awards Ceremony in the fall of 2016 which you can read about here. We are holding our second annual awards ceremony on November 2, 2017. We will be opening the awards application process on July 10, so stay tuned for details.
Stay tuned here for updates on the progress of the Governor’s Executive Committee.
6 Winners Honored by Virginia Energy Efficiency Council (VAEEC) and Governor McAuliffe at Richmond reception Richmond, Virginia (November 29, 2016)...Read More
Meanwhile, several roundtable participants, including executives from businesses large and small that are involved in renewable energy projects, congratulated McAuliffe...Read More
During a day-long tour of three locations receiving energy efficiency improvements, Governor McAuliffe challenged Dominion Virginia Power to accelerate outreach...Read More